A Grand Beginning

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Grand Beginning

Post by SrgtCrash on Wed May 30, 2018 10:40 pm

The year is (Armistice Era) AE 1142, peace within the land has been unchanging throughout the years. During this period, systems of new beliefs and faiths have been on an up rise. The Old Gods are slowly fading, and new demigods and false profits are changing the faces of temples and cathedrals across Lyorion. Despite the changes in religions, the seven major kingdoms have slowly pushed for conflict due to who the true ruler of Lyorion should be crowned. With the Old Gods, it was deemed that he whom sat upon the Throne of Seven, would imbue the power of the divine to keep peace and equality within the land. The throne has always rested in Zahland, currently the humans have ruled Zahland since the Armistice Era began.
An annual festival called the Gallops Follow brings the seven kingdoms together within Zahland. Each kingdom brings different weapons, armor, wears, foods, drinks, and other resources that most can only obtain during this festival. It has been known that the seven kings talk politics, economics, agriculture, and debate who the true king should be to make the most of the land. Throughout the day, most engage with trade, games, arenas, and jousting. At night, everyone seems to enjoy drinking, partying, whoring, and anything they can get away with.

After a long day’s work, you find yourself in a tavern called “The Spoon In.” Upon you entering, you notice that the second “N” has fallen off the exterior of the tavern. You take a seat at the bar and notice a rather tall human with his back turned to you making multiple drinks for the ever so busy tavern. The tavern is seeing much ruckus due to the festivities, but the workers are quick to engage in bar fights and drunk guest yet seem to get drinks out in a haste.

(Dave, I’ll let you lead with this next post to engage the other two into conversation. This will allow everyone to give a description of your character and tell the other players about character.)
SrgtCrash
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name: Dungeon Master
Armor Class (AC):

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Grand Beginning

Post by KingmunkeyX on Thu May 31, 2018 4:48 pm

The tall man turns a big smile spread his fair skinned face. He places four drinks on the counter and moves his shoulder length brown hair from his face. His eyes glisten with gold flakes the same color and shine as the golden bagpipes hung on the shelf behind him.

"Four orders of Oblivious Nectar!" The man shouts out as a beautiful red haired maiden takes the drinks in hand. The girl brushes up against one of the patrons at the bar giving the man a good view as she grabs the drinks. Her red dress, just as vibrant as her hair leaves little to the imagination. "Sorry about that." She says as she winks at the patron who just sat down "Spoony will be right with you." With her drinks in hand she gives the patron a wink before brushing her large chest against him again.

The tall man looks next to him at the other man working the bar. "Forkner, it's almost time for the show. Go get Butters from the back he can't stay hidden all night." The second man acknowledges the first and limps back into one of the doors behind them.

The man looks at the two patrons who just sat at the bar. He glances over at the two and nods to them. "Welcome to the Spoon Inn." He shouts as he grabs three drinks from the counter and moves towards the two men at the bar. "Never seen either of you before. My name is Spoony, owner, operator and entertainer. Glad you could join us for the Gallops Follow. " Spoony sets two of the drinks down one in front of each man. "First drink for new customers is on the house. It's only a sample of my best seller, Oblivious Nectar, but I promise you will be asking for more." Spoony takes the third drink and holds it out towards the men. "To great times and cheap women! Cheers mates" Spoony holds his glass out in front of the two men.

(Click below for the map of the Spoon Inn. Posters are lined throughout the room with writing and paintings of various things. Most are funny as nothing seems to be too serious here. The larger tables are for bigger parties. There really is a few more tables than what is represented in the image. The stairs leads up to the rooms that are available to rent. The sword on the back wall behind the bar is actually golden bagpipes. The entrance and exit is on the left side. The red carpeted area is actually a stage for performances.)

Spoon Inn Map:
KingmunkeyX
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name: Spoony Spoons McSpoonyson
Armor Class (AC): 15

View user profile http://munkeyhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BoneDisaster on Thu May 31, 2018 4:58 pm

He gratefully settled into the stool, it had been a long trip, and even a moment of rest was welcome.  His white scales glinted in the light coming from the windows and the lanterns.  Amber eyes shifted around the bar taking in the sights.  It was unlike most places he had been.  He eyed a pair in the corner getting testy with each other and had to erase the slight curl of his scaly lips at the urge to join.  It had been a bit since he had tested his melee and the battleaxe nestled in it's holster on his back was hungry to taste blood again.  He shifted in his seat to free up the arm that had been unconciously sliding back towards the grip of the axe's long handle to grab the drink offered from this Spoony character.  He nodded gratefully and took a deep swig joining the toast by the stranger and chuckling lighty at his pronouncement. "Aye, a fine establishment you've gotten yourself here, Spoony.  Darkin.  Darkin Blackdeath." A slight nod of the head was offered.  He was bare of any hair on his scaly hide.  Instead the sharp frills that jutted back along his face were marred with a slight scar clearly visable on the left side of his face, hidden just beneath a layer of blue warpaint.
BoneDisaster

Character sheet
Character Name: Darkin Blackdeath
Armor Class (AC):

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingmunkeyX on Thu May 31, 2018 5:20 pm

"Well Darkin. Darkin Blackdeath. That's a pretty intimidating name. If you get too inebriated and need a room just let the other gentleman know he will take care of it." I make it habit to know my guests. Are you in town for business, pleasure, or the festival?" Spoony takes a towel in hand and begins to clean out some drink glasses. His eyes shifting to the rest of the room.

Sent from Topic'it App
KingmunkeyX
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by BoneDisaster on Thu May 31, 2018 5:34 pm

He gave a sly wink of those amber eyes as he leaned forward to toast the barkeep himself, "With a little luck I just might.  Been doing a lot of thinking lately Spoony, and I think I might just be looking to get some business to enjoy some pleasure."  He gave a light rise and fall of the shoulders, the battleaxe and pack on his back shifting lightly with the action, eyes sliding back towards the men who were now starting to push and get in each others face. "The festival was just a coincidence.  Can't say I'm all to eager to celebrate.  Just finished a long career under a Lord who's probably already forgotten my face." He nodded to the man and set the drink down after another long pull from it, and an appreciative grunt. "Fine product indeed. Can see why business is well." His eyes slide along the fiery tendress to settle back on Spoony.  Pleasure of the flesh were not a high priority on his to-do list.
BoneDisaster

Character sheet
Armor Class (AC):

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingmunkeyX on Thu May 31, 2018 6:32 pm

"Well friend, let's drink to new beginnings. Speaking of beginnings. I believe you will like the show we are going to be putting on."

At this moment Forkner comes walking back into the room. He rings a bell at the counter. This causes most of the regulars in the room to get quiet while those new to the bar still talk and carry on. "Everyone give it up for Butters." Forkner then with a grin on his face goes back to serving drinks.

Another man walks out from the back room. Dressed in very fine clothes and with an arrogant smirk on his face. His elven ears poking out of his long dark hair. At the announcement of Butters all the patrons that got quiet shout out in unison...

"FAT BITCHES NEED LOVE TOO CRAIG!" 

Butters arrogant smile fades into a look of anger. He looks over to Spoony who is laughing hysterically. He moves past Spoony knocking into the cabinet holding the golden bagpipes. "You better be happy you pay well. I will get you back for that." Spoony continues to laugh as he readies another drink. "Don't worry Craig, no one will forget with our new poster hanging on the wall."

Spoony turns back to his new acquaintance and gives him another drink. "We put on a show weekly. It starts in about 15 minutes. Hope you stick around to see it. You will have a blast." Spoony looks past Darkin and off to Candy Apple who continues to move through the crowds. In heels and a dress she moves elegantly and swiftly almost as if she is floating through the air. Spoony nods to her and then turns to the other patron who has been awfully quiet.
KingmunkeyX
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SrgtCrash on Thu May 31, 2018 8:48 pm

The locals are reluctant to order another round quickly with anticipation growing for the start of this show. The new guest from the other kingdoms are profound to how the wealthy and scum are sharing such an establishment. Folks are still bickering and carrying on about the festivities and local culture and un organized it seems. A small group of local militia called "The Lords Coalition" make their way into the bar, five to be exact, to grab a goblet of Oblivious Nectar and enjoy the weekly show that is only entertained at the Spoon Inn. The quiet patron seems to have something on his mind that merely takes his surroundings away from, deep thought maybe. Spoony now begins to try to take him out of his gaze.
SrgtCrash
Admin

Character sheet
Armor Class (AC):

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingmunkeyX on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:26 am

Spoony lets out a small sigh as he see's the 5 members of the militia walk in. He leaves the quiet man alone and grabs another handful of drinks for Candy and takes another arm full for himself to hand out as he scatters about the room. Quickly conversing with his regulars and the new patrons as he makes his way to the table where the Lords Coalition have sat.

Candy takes her drinks to her tables making sure that everyone has their drinks before the show is to start.

Forkner takes over at the bar getting drinks and engaging with the men and women there. 

Butters is tending to the stage making sure that everything is in place. When he seems satisfied he motions to Spoony and Candy that he is ready when they are.
KingmunkeyX
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by BoneDisaster on Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:22 pm

He turned a little to better watch what was going on.  No reason not to kill some time.  He noticed the soldiers entering and shifted the traveling cloak so it covered the insignia of the military he still wore on his belt.  Not that it would cause problem necessarily, he was just in no mood to be the center of attention as it were.  Those amber eyes wandered around taking in the scene and the stage area, waiting for what would happened next.  He finished the drink and set the glass down behind him, settling back in his chair the best the axe would allow so he could watch.  Hands slide back discreetly to check and make sure the two handaxes he kept on him were there in case he needed them.  Satisfied all is as it should be he watched the stage.
BoneDisaster

Character sheet
Armor Class (AC):

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SrgtCrash on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:16 pm

During Spoony's walk towards the Lord's Coalition, he is suddenly astounded by a voice that suddenly whispered his name…”Spoony, Spoony is that you?” It came from a man sitting alone at one of the tables, he is enclosed by a blue hooded cloak. His arms wrapped with tattered white linen strips. The man slowly begins to tilt his head upwards to meet Spoony’s gaze. Finally, I see you in person. This would seem like an awkward, normal thing to hear in his bar, but the man’s eyes are wrapped with the same linen. The man leans in a little closer, “I need to deliver a message. Would you mind me taking the stage after your show? I’m dying to see it, I have heard nothing but wonderful things! The man tilts his head back down to “look at the table” once more.
SrgtCrash
Admin

Character sheet
Armor Class (AC):

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingmunkeyX on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:14 am

Spoony looks confusingly at the man. Spoony begins to think in his own mind.

"Do I know this guy?"

"No pretty sure I don't know this guy."

"Wait is this Henry? The guy I told a long time ago I was going to own a bar?"

"Eh who knows."

Spoony focuses back in on his surrounding and the gentleman at one of his tables.

"Why yes, I can surely let you up onto the stage. But first the show must start."

Spoony then fastens his jacket. After raising his hands in the air, he gives begins to start clapping slowly as he walks to the stage.

Candy sets one more drink on the table and smiles at the patrons. "Looks like it’s time for the show. Hope you lads enjoy." She begins to clap and head to the stage.

Spoony and Candy make their way up onto the stage. With one final clap a loud boom moves throughout the room quieting everyone.

"Ladies, Gentleman, and everything in between. Welcome to this week’s Spoony Show. Today’s show is about rebirth..."

Spoony gives a quick clap and music is heard throughout the room. The drums on stage begin to start beating in a slow manner.

Candy starts to slowly move around on stage. Flowing with the music.

"A few years ago, I was hanging around with a bounty hunter. He asked me to help him with a job."

Spoony takes out a large sword and at this moment the lute on stage begins to play.

"A tall and stalwart warrior." The curtain behind them now moves. A fiddle is now added to the musical mix as Butters walks out from the curtain. A very flamboyant sword in hand
He glides across the stage posing with his sword as if they were going to make killing blows. Candy now twirls heading to the curtain herself, her dress appears to have fire set in on the ends.

"Bounty Hunter had taken a job to claim the tower of the fallen one." With another clap from Spoony a group of small lights move from behind the curtain. The lights move together and join to form the shape of a humanoid creature.
Spoony takes his own blade in hand. And stands beside the 'bounty hunter' as the creature now splits into two. Both men take their blades and leap forward striking through the lights and extinguishing them. The lights dispersing to a corner of the stage.

"We fought the creatures of the tower valiantly. Taking them all down until we reached the end of the tower. The Queen's lair lies ahead." The curtain moves once more and out comes a dark-haired girl who appears to look undead. A staff in hand and wearing a tattered dress and a crown on her head.

Undead: Click for picture:

The woman moves and takes center stage. As she moves to the center of the stage Spoony grips his blade tighter as he looks to the crowd once more. "We were tasked with taking the Queen and her minions down and bringing her staff back as proof as her minions have begun to spread further from her tower.

The girl takes her staff and hits it on the ground. A loud boom is heard throughout the room. "Rise my children." She now brings her hands up and as if in sync the lights spread across the stage now raise up into a humanoid shape. Spoony looks to the 'bounty hunter' and they both nod before swinging at each of the
lights. This time with each strike they disperse completely. When the final one is taken out the bounty hunter goes to strike the undead queen before she strikes her staff through him. The crowd gasps as the appearance of this action appears to be so real. She removes her staff and the man falls to the ground bending over on one hand and holding his chest with the other.
Spoony moves towards her. Stepping on his back and leaping into the air he takes his blade and strikes the woman. As he does this the lights appear once again spinning and engulfing the woman. The lights spin around the woman in a swift fashion. Beginning to turn to flames as they do so over the next few moments the lights become a large flame circling the girl.
Spoony tends to his friend and starts to move him away.

He then looks to the crowd once again. "I had done it. I had slain the queen... But at what cost I was unsure. As it seems that my friend had fallen in the battle. The flames grew stronger. The heat more intense. The next moment the flames exploded around the room. Spoony and the rest of the patrons shield their eyes from the bright light. When their eyes adjust once more they see where the queen once was.
Candy dressed in an exquisite red dress. that appears to be completely covered in flames. She smiles to Spoony. "Thank you for freeing me from myself. I cannot show enough gratitude for this." She looks to the man dead on the floor and waves her hand over his body. His body now becomes engulfed in flames and a moment later he raises himself from the ground. The crowd begins to cheer. Spoony had saved his friend and the fallen queen.

Lady:

She moves over to Spoony and gives him a passionate kiss. She places a red feather in his hand. "Shall you ever need my help simply hold the feather to a fire and say phoenix rise." She then moves away from him and runs towards the crowd. She leaps in the air and takes on the form of a fire bird. The crowd gasps in awe as they watch the firebird extinguish into thin air.

Candy then moves from behind the stage and meets Spoony and Butters at center stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen and everything in between. I hope you have enjoyed the show tonight! Give it up for our cast! The always beautiful and talented Candyyyyyyyy! The infamous Craig 'Butters' Knife." As Spoony says Candy’s name the crowd whistles and cheers. When Spoony says Butters name the entire crowd shouts in unison. Candy bows to the crowd and waves at them. "FAT BITCHES NEED LOVE TOO CRAIG!" Butters on stage rolls his eyes before bowing.

"And of course. The always talented and amazing. Spoony Spoons Spoonerson!!!!!" He bows to the crowd as they cheer again.

"Alright alright. Everyone I hope you enjoyed the show. The next round of drinks is on Butters!" The crowd again begins to cheer. "Everyone enjoy the rest of the night!" The trio then disperse amongst the crowd speaking to guest and patrons and laughing and joking with them.

Spoony stops at a couple tables before moving over to the man dressed in blue and linen. "Sir, you asked to 'see' the stage afterwards."
KingmunkeyX
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SrgtCrash on Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:35 pm

The man rises from his seat, eager to begin his message. He slowly lurches towards the stage and manages to step aboard. He starts to clear his throat; a lute picks itself up from the stage and begins plucking a soft melodic tune. The man starts singing a song.

“You never know just what you got,
Until it’s slipping through your fingers,
Never know just what you got,
Until it’s got with the wind,
And you never miss your shadow,
Till there is no one left beside you,
You never miss your shadow,
Until you’re alone, alone in the dark.”

The lute continues to pluck as the man’s voice comes to a halt. A few seconds go by.

“You never know just what will break you,
Until you’re picking up the pieces,
Never know just what will break you,
Until your world, it falls apart.
Never know how small your voice is,
Until you’re screaming at the silence,
Never know how small your voice is,
Until you’re arguing, arguing with god.”

A cello rises from the stage to articulate a vibrant, deep choral sound that compliments the lute. The harmonics continue to play for a short amount of time. The man begins to sing a bit deeper now.

“I saw death’s face today,
As he lead my friend away,
I saw death’s face today,
As he cast his shadow over me,
I saw death’s face today,
As he lead my friend away,
So I’ll ask who I got to pay,
To bring him back,
Bring him back to me.

Bring him back to me.”

Violin joins into the string mixture of vibrant sounds. The beautiful resonances echoes throughout the tavern. Instantly the music comes to an immediate halt.
“You never know the words you should've said
Until they're all you're left with
Until the dirt is falling and the guilt, it burns your bones
And we ask the biggest question
Why the fuck did this all happen?
Who on Lyorion deserves this and what the hell do we do now?
So we live like we have lost
And we love like we are broken
And as the colour leaves the sky,
we're left in reverence of the frailty of it all.”

“The change of your faiths’ and misguidance of your beliefs had lead us to this moment. May Zenith’s light shine upon you in blackest of your days and the darkest of nights. Embrace what is to come.”

Once the man finishes his speech, the light of day becomes as black as night. All lights to include candles, lanterns, torches, and even dark vision fade to black. Once single ball of light shimmers from the sky towards the ground in what seems to be a northeast direction. Once the light hits, a form of light shoots towards Zenith and begins sheading light back into existence. When everyone can see again, the man in the blue cloak has disappeared.

(Two things: One, Zenith is known as the heavens in this campaign. Two, here is the song that I used for this scene if you want to hear it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrbQ7c7fKkk)
SrgtCrash
Admin

Character sheet
Armor Class (AC):

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingmunkeyX on Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:58 pm

Spoony is the first to gain his vision back. He hastily moves up onto the stage. He quickly scans the room as he moves looking for the cloaked man. As he made his way back up on stage he clears his throat trying to get everyone's attention.

"Everyone we think you for joining us for the show tonight! I hope you all enjoyed your stay. But just because the show is over doesn't mean that the party stops!"

Spoony then makes his way behind the bar. Anger, frustration and confusion washing over him. He quickly unfastens his long jacket and begins to take it off, something he only does when he is upset. passing Candy and Forkner. He looks to both of them. "Kitchen. Now."

He places his hands on the wooden door behind the bar and forces the door open. When the door behind him shuts he begins to pace around the room. Another habit of his.

"What the hell was that! Who the  hell was that man." Spoony kicks a pan that is sitting on the floor of the kitchen. The pan clangs around the kitchen floor as Forkner and Candy walk into the room.

"Spoony who was that?" Forkner places his hand on Spoony's shoulder trying to calm him down.

"No idea. The gentleman appeared blind and asked to 'see' the stage after the show." Spoony shrugs Forkners hand off of him. Placing his hands on his hips.

"Was this some kind of trick? Was he trying to distract us to rob us? I don't know what exactly was going on but I will find out." Spoony lets out a loud sigh. "Do you think anyone noticed it wasn't part of the show?" Forkner raises his arms into a shrug.

Spoony moves over to the window in the north eastern location that light shot from. He wondered to himself what the hell was going on... All he knew was this smelled like another great story for him to tell.
KingmunkeyX
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by BoneDisaster on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:01 pm

He had watched and enjoyed the showing, joining the applause when needed.  When the extra parts of the "show" began he stiffened slightly realizing something wasn't quite right.  He watched and listened intently as the man started his sing, a single scaly eyebrow raising in confusion as he listened.  Once he could see again he looked around him to ensure all was still as it should be. He couldn't help but overhear their conversation through the back and was sure he heard the opportunity to make some money.  He slide from his chair and moved along the bar, a gloved hand raising to push the door open into the back.  He slide inside and stood by the door, allowing them time to talk, making his presence known but not trying to intrude.  He leaned back against the wall and stood with his arms crossed over his front.
BoneDisaster

Character sheet
Armor Class (AC):

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageVII on Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:06 am

In that moment this man, cloaked more so than what would be considered unusual. steps into the kitchen swiftly and without sound. Controlling the swing of the kitchen door as to immediately return it to closed; as if he had done it a thousand times.
"oh, hello" in a sudden upward infliction, turning around, reaching to uncover his face from behind a solid black mask that wrapped around his neck.
SavageVII

Character sheet
Character Name:
Armor Class (AC):

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingmunkeyX on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:11 am

Spoony continues to look out the window. He hears the creak of the door open but fails to look that way expecting it to be Butters.

"Craig why are you not still cleaning up?"

As he says this he receives no reply. Candy with a soft and subtle voice says to him. "Uh, Spoony."

The man closes his eyes. 'What now.' He thinks to himself. 'Did a bulette pop up on the middle of the stage? The patrons start another brawl?'

"Yes Candy?" He now opens his eyes enjoying the small breeze blowing through the open window. He turns and looks like to the door.

"Oh, hello." The man says as Spoony notices them.

Spoony shakes his head and places his hands out in front of him waving them back and forth. "Can I help you? This is for employees only."

Sent from Topic'it App
KingmunkeyX
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageVII on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:02 am

The man narrowing his eyes. As if to look past spoony and out the window.
"I apologize. This is not the way I intended to introduce myself" suddenly shifting his focus into spoony's eyes as he spoke with a deep, genuine tone.
Hesitating slightly. Breaking eye contact with spoony. He half way turns his head, looking through the corner of his eye to acknowledge the scaled man beside him.
" I'm lothric" shifting back to spoony extending his hand.
" It seems my concealed apearence has mistakenly attracted some attention." He continues.
" though I am not the man they are looking for. A group of sophisticated gentleman are seeking to apprehend myself.
Clearly speaking in a sarcastic manner regarding the demeanor of his persuers.

SavageVII

Character sheet
Character Name:
Armor Class (AC):

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingmunkeyX on Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:00 am

Spoony examines the man standing in front of the door. He recognizes him as the patron from the bar who didn't speak much. He assumes he didn't want to call any attention to himself.

Looking over the dragonborn he wonders now what causes him to be back here as well.

He understands what it is like to need to lie low. Not something Spoony prefers to do as he likes to be the center of attention. He brushes his hair from his face and adjusts his glasses before opening a hidden door in the back.

"Lothric my name is Spoony, this is Forkner and Candy." He points to his fellow coworkers and friends.

"I have a room for you back here you can lay low in if needed. But first is it the Coalition? And why are they after you? Trouble seems to be all we can find here today."

Sent from Topic'it App
KingmunkeyX
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageVII on Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:09 pm

stunned from the immediate generosity. Lothric smiles.

" hahaha, you bet on your intuition often" 

Taking in a long, deep breathe, then exhaling. 

" Im not sure who has mistaken me for their culprit, though I am not surprised" 

lothric looks to the dragonborn

"youre a long ways from home my friend"

Turning back to spoony gesturing to enter his back room.

"I have not heard of the coalition."

(lol back room. i shoulda re-read that)

Last edited by SavageVII on Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
SavageVII

Character sheet
Character Name:
Armor Class (AC):

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BoneDisaster on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:13 pm

He had preferred to listen to them speak, tipping his head in the direction of the clothed man who identified himself as Lothric.  He waited till introductions were done all around and pushed himself lightly from the wall.  It might look comical.  The almost merchant like clothing he wore, with a harness with a battle axe hanging on his back and the two hand axes at each hip. "I, for one, hide from no one.  I can tell that little show after the show wasn't a show."  Those scaly lips curved up lightly emphazising the lizard like features of his kin. "You're going to want to know where that light went.  I'll wager you'll need an extra few hands."  He raised his own arms as if to show his hands. "Told ya, I'm looking for work.  I tend to find what I look for.  Ya following me?"
BoneDisaster

Character sheet
Armor Class (AC):

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SrgtCrash on Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:11 pm

The tension rises in the room, ever so lightly. The generosity of Spoony seem to simply trust those who appear to be in mere distress. A small ruckus begins to form outside of the tavern. Most of the patrons begin to partake in the gathering. As you all walk out to see what everybody is gathering for, you notice an elderly man, dressed in hide covered plate armor, addressing the people of Zahand; Lord Renfred. Behind him are the six additional lords of Lyorion. Lord Renfred, covered in scares, gray hair, and tattered skin stands strong to keep all citizens from the 7 kingdoms at bay. Most of the population is in disbelief of the aphotic ostentation. How could one man keep such a large crowd calm and collective at such a time?
Lord Raszavur (Raz) Irden, the Lord of Baxiros and ruler of the Dragonborn, is to the far back left. Beside him, Lord Elric Ashwynn, Lord of Ashwynn and ruler of the Mousefolk. Not to found of the inner city is Sir Rhaac’var (Var) Balwraek the intrepid leader of the Gnomes and ruler of Daco. With such little might and endless glory stands King Kasmo the Wicked of the City of Zhord. Next stands a one-eyed elf named Lord Vaeril Aragwyn, ruler of the elves and stature of Aevoridge. Last, but not least, is the mighty King Arakus the Mighty, ruler of the Dwarven Empire and overseer of Dragon’s Peak.
With all the Lords in one place, it is hard for all the different races not to become chaotic as their leaders are so calm to bring peace back to the land. Lord Renfred states, “Let it be known, that it is unclear to what has caused this unforeseen misfortune to cast its shadow upon our land. I will exalt everything in my power to find out the meaning of this and bring light to its onyx presence.
He turns around to address the other Lords and Kings, “I hope you will do the same in return for Lyorion’s sake.” They all begin to stand and raise their fist to their hearts. “Aye!” they reply as they begin to pace away.
Forkner looks to Spoony, “Brother, you have to engage into this matter before the Lords dig up unfathomable reasons to slaughter each other. You know it as much as I do! They have been waiting patiently for a reason to cause genocide between the kingdoms. Please, invest into this matter before it is too late for all of us.”
He begins to look at Darkin, “I mean look at this guy, he is thirsty for adventure and the other guy seems to know how to stay low key when things go south. They Just may be useful to you on such an adventure.”
“Don’t worry, we will keep the bar afloat. I mean skit, Baern comes tomorrow with a fresh delivery of Oblivious Nectar. This place will make a fortune, even after the festival. Now go brother. Save these arrogant  bastards from their demise.”

(Ill Post the pictures of the Lords on Facebook.)
SrgtCrash
Admin

Character sheet
Armor Class (AC):

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingmunkeyX on Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:35 am

Spoony places a hand on his lifelong friends shoulder. "Forkner... I appreciate it." He looks to the other two. They seem able to hold their own in a fight. This should lead to a good story in the future.

"Well gentleman, we may have found some money for you to make."

Spoony moves up to the Lords. "Well my lords. I am unsure of what has happened within my establishment tonight. That light is a mystery to me. But I must say I am intrigued to find out the meaning behind it. If say a band of..." he looks back to the two who intruded into his kitchen. Trying to judge what exactly they were. "'Investigators' were to research this for you and find answers. Would this band of 'investigators' happen to receive a reward?"

Sent from Topic'it App
KingmunkeyX
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by BoneDisaster on Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:43 pm

He had followed Spoony from the back room out to see what was going on.  The collection of nobility awed him a bit, and he found his voice lost for a moment.  He watched the exchange with Spoony and his friend, and moved smoothly around to follow Spoony as he addressed the Lord. "Aye, my axes would find a use in this.  I have the time and am able to serve my fellow country men."  He offered the Lord a bow of his head as he addressed him.
BoneDisaster

Character sheet
Armor Class (AC):

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageVII on Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:59 pm

As Spoony address's the lords, watching the Dragonbord follow. Witnessing the sight from his position beside The Spoon Inn. Lothric scans the crowd intently. While also focusing on Spoony's conversation with the lords. The dragonborn speaks and offers a bow. Lothric had realised, Spoony has the status and knowledge that he would need if he were to attain his goals. Now, seeing Spoony stand before such power, offering to risk himself if not to avoid terrible consequences. Lothric knows, Spoony is the one person he has met while in Zahland, that he can bet on and trust.

"Spoony" moving forward. his hood down and his mask absent. 

"I would like to help you and your efforts, as you said this matter is an intriguing one at that."

Finally standing with Spoony, the dragon born and the lords. Lothric turns to the lords and offers a bow. 

"Id like to pay forward your generosity." Turning back to Spoony with his hand extended.
SavageVII

Character sheet
Character Name:
Armor Class (AC):

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SrgtCrash on Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:56 pm

Lord Renfred states, “Well then, it’s done!” Quantifying a prearrangement of sort.

“Are you so malignant, you ol’ bastard? Why even send your two scouts if you’re not even going to wait for em?” King Kasmo states boldly!

“Because, I, don’t want to be the cause of the “Seven” to crumble in an instant. Yes, I could send my coalition Northeast, but that will leave Zahland defenseless with all of us in it.” Lord Renfred takes a step back, sighs. “Now, let these men contribute to finding the reasoning for all of this. We are only wasting time.”

All the lords begin to leave the tavern in a mere haste, except for Lord Raz. He steps toward Darkin, grabs him by the collar of his armor to pull him in close enough for a whisper, “We are destined to be the true ruling race, yet here we are. Ensure I know your findings first and I’ll make it worth your while.” Lord Raz eases off his collar, brushes off the pauldrons of Darkin, then inhales to say, “Right! Make the Dragonborn proud, adventurer.” Lord Raz turns around to follow the other six.

(Jeremy with his passive perception, noticed that Lord Raz placed a small bag into Darkin’s pocket)
SrgtCrash
Admin

Character sheet
Armor Class (AC):

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next