Character Introduction

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Character Introduction

Post by KingmunkeyX on Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:18 am

Darkness blankets the cold room. The small flicker of a flame is the only light that can be seen. The smell of rain fills the room as the roar of thunder is heard from the window. Stiff sheets barely cushion the iron slab beneath you. Heavy footsteps echo throughout the room. You feel the energy from an anti-magic field stripping you of any abilities you may have. The iron bars of your cell begin to show as a light slowly approaches. You begin to shiver as your feet touch the cobblestone floor. Thunder cracks and rumbles as you walk towards the window. The dark sky appears to make out shapes in the clouds. Lightning flashes in the sky as the silhouette of two figures is seen from the clouds. With another flash it appears that the two figures strike at each other. A loud creak as an iron door is opened close by makes you look back. A deep voice is heard as you walk closer you are able to make out what is being said. "The choice is yours" A Large man wearing golden lined full-plate armor holds his hand out towards the man in the next cell. Four guards surround him with weapons already drawn. Shadows cover another figure that stands beside the large soldier.  Another flash of lightning and the guards are now standing on the other side of your cell. 

The large guard stands before you and unlocks your cell door before walking in. "My name is Artemis, I have selected you to be a part of a task force that I am putting together. You would be a great addition to my team. For coming through and helping me with this we can lessen your sentence and bring you a step closer to leaving this prison."

Artemis walks over to the window and watches the sky. A crack of lightning pushes through. Another view of the figures fighting continues on in the sky.

"If you accept, I will not promise your safety. You will be lead into battle by one of my elite soldiers, together you will stand and fight. We are being preemptive of what we believe is to come. You will be outfitted with whatever equipment you may need to do the job."

Artemis turns towards you and outstretches his large hand. "The choice is yours. Do you accept my offer?" 

(This is where you will post your introduction to your character. Post your back story here.  All characters began play in a prison known as The Gauntlet. This massive tower receives it name from the shape of the two towers that tower above this massive prison. The Gauntlet is told to have been created by the gods long ago to house powerful criminals, mages, monsters, and dangerous artifacts. Include in your back story why you would have been arrested and placed in The Gauntlet. You may use what I have posted already as a template and put it more in line to your character. End it with what your response to Artemis' question. We will begin play after everyone has posted their response. I will also post rules soon.)
KingmunkeyX
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name:

View user profile http://munkeyhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Introduction

Post by SrgtCrash on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:28 pm

Crash was told that him, Artemis and three other guards had to go talk to a few of the prisoners to gather information. Crash agreed to this as he thought it was an information scout to begin the quest that Artemis described back at the Shrine of Broken Worlds. As the Men was walking the dark, damp, extremely daunting hallways of the prison crash noticed this is no place for ordinary criminals. All crash could think about was what just happened back at the Shrine. Crash stopped and fell to his knees thinking about what Agamand did. One of the three men that was aiding Artemis and Crash asked "What is wrong with you?" "Nothing, I am fine," He replied as his hand was angrily placed on the cold damp ground to aid him to his feet. Thunder crashes with every other step they take. The footsteps echoes with every step to capture a steady musical beat with the thunder and lightning. Artemis comes to a prison cell, unlocks it and starts talking to a being within. After Artemis was finished; Crash, with his weapon drawn, sensed a great evil from the being standing before him. "Wait," crash said hesitantly to Artemis. "You never said anything about me working with evil beings back at the Shrine of Broken Worlds."
SrgtCrash

Character sheet
Character Name: Sir Crash Adenwulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TrinityKaii on Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:42 am

"Alexi has knowledge about the mission vital to its success." I stand from my meditation. I didn't care for the tribulations of this mortal or his world, but it would get me one step closer to vengeance. Alexie's red eyes glowed brighter as the rage inside of him grew. "If it gets me out of here." He rotates his shoulders as the Demon Scale cracks as if calcified over the joints and walks passed the armor-clad guard. One of the lesser guards attempts to stop me. I stare deep into his soul, he immediately cowers. I walk to the back as the first one to speak argues with the armored guard checking to make sure my claws are still intact.
TrinityKaii

Character sheet
Character Name:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xxanth on Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:50 pm

Morthos walks up to the bars of his cell, the discomfort of the manacles holding the tips of his wings to the front of his neck and his tail the back has rubbed his skin raw.  The spines on his face stand out a little, "You want to let me out to work with you." He smiles a mouth full of shark teeth. "No problem, take these off," he points to his neck "and we can be done with this."   He reaches out to one of the guards, "Got a key?"  The guard stands his post and does not answer.  He looks to Artemis, "Were is the key Arty?" Artemis's jaw flexes, but he pull out a small iron key and throws it to Morthos greedily catches the key and unlocks the two clasps holding his wings.  His billow out to the sides, his right one coming close to hitting the two guards by the door.  "Now that feels good." he reaches back behind him and is able to find the key hole but the manacle will not open.  Artemis say, "You agree and we talk first then you get that key."  Morthos pushes down the anger that jumps to life and walks up to him, holding out his hand "Deal."

Last edited by Xxanth on Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xxanth

Character sheet
Character Name: Morthos Creed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironraven on Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:07 pm

Zilyana barked orders even though they weren’t necessary.  Her sailors knew their jobs and they were good at it.  They wouldn’t be working for her if they weren’t good.  The shipment of medical supplies she had … liberated … from its rightful owners needed to be delivered to this minor settlement.  The outbreak of pox here might be fatal if the cure and vaccine weren’t given after the outbreak that had happened in the last month.  She realized that this was the year anniversary of her splitting from the life of a normal merchant and slipping into the Privateering business.

Some people called her a Pirate, but Procan frowned on piracy.  She kissed the pendant of a trident above a crashing wave that hung around her neck.  Not pirates, she and her crew were freedom fighters.  The noble elite had been withdrawing from the public eye before they made this decision.  Punishments, even for minor infractions, had been harsh.  The common folk had begun to feel the effects of the ambivalence of the wealthy and powerful who were oathsworn to protect and provide for them.

It was when she heard a group of Lords speaking casually about ‘redistributing’ a shipment of food and supplies that was destined for an outer Holding that was suffering from drought that threatened to become a famine to an area that would pay handsomely for it instead of taking it as their due that Zilyana had made her decision.  That night, she sat with the crew she trusted and they made a blood pact.  They would undermine the oathbreakers by any and all means necessary.

They passed the light house and she tipped her tricorn hat to the Harbormaster.  She had known Forcythe for years and they had always had an amicable relationship.  He had a fondness for Klandran rum, and she had a contact who knew how to obtain the illegal rum laced with narcotic spices from the desert.  Her ship Wavebreaker rolled slightly as her crew furled the sails.  The bow wave rebounded off the wharf and she spun the wheel with the practice of decades, bringing him to gently nudge the pier.

“Every time I see you do that I just can’t believe you’re a girl.”  Forcythe said with a villainous grin.  It was a long standing joke between them.

“If you didn’t have children with that same ugly nose, I wouldn’t believe you’re a man.”  She retorted, tipping her hat at a jaunty angle.  “Coming onboard for the inspection?”

“You know the drill better than I do.”  He responded and clomped down the gangplank and she led him to her cabin.  Pouring them each a measure of rum they sat and chatted about the trip for a few minutes.  She almost thought she caught him slipping something into her wooden mug when she had turned to take her ship’s manifest from her desk, but she trusted him.  After all, they had been doing business for years and the bribes and drink she provided would be difficult to replace.

She sat again, feeling a tad unsteady.  This wasn’t unusual, with the ship tightly moored to the pier and barely rocking in the swell it took a bit of time to adjust to the lack of motion.  Forcythe looked over the manifest, nodding and smiling.  The list of legitimate goods was lengthy and would make for good trading in the city.  As Harbormaster he would be granted five percent of the value of the cargo for the honor of having him inspect and clear said cargo.  Zilyana frowned at him, his face was shifting or maybe it was just her eyes playing tricks on her.

“You rich whelps.”  He muttered, “You think we’ll do anything for money.  Does it demean you to lower yourself to being a merchant because you’ve got noble family?  Yeah, I know all about your supposed lineage.” 

Forcythe spat to one side, the glob of phlegm splattering onto the polished wood floor.  “Elves.  Dealing with you for the last ten years, I know when something’s not right.  I’m gonna just stroll below and check your cargo.”

Zilyana knew she should get up and follow him, that she should stop him, but her mind was hazy.  She found herself dreaming of decades past.

“You must be taught to control that temper Zil.”  Her grandmother chided, “You will do someone grave injury elsewise.”

“I am NOT angry!”  She shouted stamping her foot.  Several delicately carved wooden figures fell off nearby shelves.  “Korikk won’t stop calling me Zilly and I HATE it!”

“Darling, I want you to take a deep breath and let it out slowly.”

“I don’t wanna breathe slowly, I want him to STOP!”  All the candles in the room went out.  Zilyana blinked.  “Grandma, why did you put out the candles?”

A perfect sphere of light illuminated the room, her grandmother’s crystal pendant glowing with the brilliance of the desert sun.  “That was you child.  The temper of a child of power like yourself is a dangerous thing.  You must leash it.  You must bind it to your will.  If you do not, you will hurt people and possibly yourself.”

Zilyana shivered.  “What if I do?  Won’t magic give me the power to hurt people too?”

“It will.”  Her grandmother replied softly, “But if you control it you will have the choice of whether or not to hurt people.  Do nothing and that choice will be denied you.  It is not only violence child, the dance is subtle and wonderful, full of beauty and life.  I know you will come to love it.”

-

She stood on the deck of Wavebreaker next to her older brother.  Korikk had mellowed out over the years, at least as far as his treatment of her was concerned, and she had realized that his teasing was his way of showing affection.  That affection did not run very deep into his character however; she was suspicious as to why he had requested that she be his first mate. 

Being here was a dream come true though.  She had always loved the sea and her family’s holdings included stake in a shipping company.  Now, her brother was designated to be captain of the ship and she was going to sea for the first time.  Zilyana had spent years training, first with the sword and then adding her strange arcane gifts into the martial discipline.  The result was a dizzying mixture of sword and wizardry that was as deadly as it was beautiful.

She idly patted the dragon carved hilt of the scimitar thrush through her sash.  It was the only artifact her grandmother had passed on to her specifically when she had died and therefore was Zilyana’s only keepsake from her.  The secret of the sword’s ability to split into a pair of identical blades was another reason she treasured it.

“You’ve studied boats right?”  Korikk asked, breaking her reverie.

“Well, yes.  Of course Captain.”  She said, although internally she wondered if he was testing her somehow.  Boats?  This was a ship, only the least knowledgeable land bound fool would call it a boat.

“Good.  I hate these damn things Zilly and I don’t have any interest in learning.  Your job is to use that old magic trick of yours to tell me what in the hells I’m supposed to be doing.”

She bristled at her hated childhood nickname, but nobody else was within earshot.  Either he was truly using it as a term of endearment or else he was smart enough to know she’d skin him by inches if he used it around other people.  Maybe both.

“You still remember that do you?”  She had always been able to send messages into other’s minds.  It was a bit of the Wild that all Elves had, although their gifts varied.  Her parents said she had nearly driven them mad with her silent crying; she had learned to mind speak long before she had learned to vocalize.

“I never forget anything that could be useful.” Korikk said, not seeming to notice or care that he had more or less just called her a fancy tool.  “Now get on it.”

“What’s in it for me?  If I let you make an ass of yourself, maybe they’ll give me command of Wavebreaker and I won’t have to put up with your foolishness.” 

“Do this for me for a year and then I’ll come clean.” He said, “I’ll tell mother and father that you have really been running the show.  If you do well by me, they won’t have a choice but to give you command because I’ll tell the crew too.”

Zilyana’s mouth dropped open before she could stop it.  “You’ll what?”

“I know you have always loved the sea.”  He said, “I hate it.  I hate the salt, I hate the stink of dead fish and unwashed sailors, I hate the spray, I hate the sunburn and most of all I hate the boredom.  It’ll be a perfect victory.  I’ll get to shove a thumb in father’s pompous eye with all his claims that captaincy is a man’s job and a woman would just get in the way and I’ll get out of this dreadfully boring task at the same time.”

“Deal.”  She said, holding out her hand for him to shake.  “We might want to make it two or three years though.  I don’t know how good I’ll be at it in the beginning.”

“You’d better learn fast little sister.  I think I’ll hurl myself off a cliff if I’m forced to do this for more than a year.”

-

Zilyana felt like someone had been pouring sand into her eyes.  The room is cold and her body feels the effects of laying in the same position for hours.  Her eyes easily pierce the darkness and the roar of thunder makes her feel at home.  The power of storms always makes her think of the power of her own magic.

After a moment, she nearly sobs in panic; her magic is gone.  Just … gone.  It feels like losing an entire set of senses not to be able to touch the Weave.  Trying desperately to ignore the bottomless hollow inside, she sits up on the slab of cold iron that is a mockery of a bed.  The approaching footsteps all but rattle the bars of her cell and she instinctively reaches for magic and for the scimitar that should be thrust through her sash, but none of those things is there.

“Are you sure My Lord Atemis?”  A man’s voice asks, “This one was only taken for stealing from the Lord and therefore from The Crown.  She is not a special case, not for what you want the others for.”

“Do not question me.”  A voice like an avalanche rumbles, “And if you call me ‘Lord’ again you’ll find out what your balls taste like.  Now give me the key and get out of my sight.”

Zilyana stands on aching legs and tries to make the pounding of her head subside.  That bastard Forcythe had slipped her something awful to make her sleep.  Oh gods and demons, what about Wavebreaker what about her crew?  First things first.  Face this problem on her feet.

Torchlight precedes her visitor and shortly the key turns in the lock and her cell door swings wide.  A man in burnished gold chased armor stands in the door negligently, not bothering to try and block her escape. 

“Zilyana Irithyl, daughter of Alinar and Verrona.  My name is Artemis and you are in deep shit.”

“Where am I?”  She asked, lifting her chin defiantly at the man who towered over her by at least a foot.

“The Gauntlet.”  He said, nodding at the widening of her eyes and nervous glance around her current accommodations.

“I stand by my actions.  The Council of Lords is negligent, the people needed to be properly provided for.  What I did was for the good of the realm.”  Her voice hardly quavered at all.  “There is no reason, however, to implicate any of my crew in this.  They acted without knowledge of their wrongdoing and I take full responsibility.”

Artemis began to chuckle, a sound of true mirth from deep in his chest. “See this is what they missed in you.  The passion and the willingness to take risks for what you believe in.  The willingness to sacrifice yourself for your loyal companions.  You are a special case Zilyana.”

“Special case?”  She asks, not sure she wants to hear the answer.

“Yes.”  His smile is vulpine, “I have selected you out of all the scum in this place to be part of a task force I’m assembling.  Your skills, dedication and loyalty are exactly what I need to round out this team.  If you agree, I can lessen your sentence and bring you closer to getting out of here.”

He walks to the window and Zilyana briefly glances at the door, still open and unlocked.  Knowing it would be suicide to attempt an escape without any knowledge of where she is; she stayed perfectly still.

“If you accept, I cannot promise your safety.  In fact, quite the opposite.  You and a select few others will be led into battle by one of my elite soldiers.  Together you will stand and fight.  You will strike a blow against an enemy before it can reach out and crush us in its mailed fist.”

“My crew?”  She says, “I don’t care as much about lessening my stay here; what of my crew?”

“They have not been charged.”  He says in a serious tone, turning from the window to fix her with a glare that makes her shiver. “Your concern for them speaks of your character but I am asking you a question.  Do you accept my offer?”

Zilyana reaches out and allows his massive hand to engulf hers.  “I will serve.  But I will need my sword.”

He chuckles again.  “Come and meet the others.  You will be provided for.”
Ironraven

Character sheet
Character Name: Zilyana Irithyl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamchristmas on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:41 pm

Completely ignorant of the events transpiring around him, Chomski finds himself preoccupied with a rat he found scurrying about the floor of his cell. The rat, whom Chomski has so promptly named Cheddar after the gift of cheese that he was brought, glances at the otherside of the room. Cheddar looks back to Chomski, "Mr. Chomski, sir, are you aware of the big golden metal man standing so ominously on the other side of the room?"

Artemis cannot make out the conversation, he can only hear squeaks and squeals coming from Chomski and Cheddar. 

"Golden!? Do you think he is important? Back in the forest only the elders wore gold," Chomski exclaims. "I'm not sure Mr. Chomski, but he did hit the other big metal man that kicked me earlier this morning, I've trusted my whiskers so far and they haven't failed me yet," as Cheddar wriggles his nose. Meanwhile Artemis jostles about as to interrupt the conversation and make his presence known.

Chomski turns to Artemis, "Excuse me sir, the clanging of your armor is disrupting my friend and I's conversation. Could you keep it down please?" 

In a fit of rage Artemis steps towards Chomski, grabbing him by the collar and pinning him against the wall. "Do you or do you not accept my invitation you loon!?" Artemis shouts assertively. 

Carrying a cheerful demeanor, ignorant of his current situation. Chomski explains, "Well Mr. Metal Man...Can i just call you Mr. Man? It's much less of a stress on my vocal chords. I just didn't see you there, or hear you for that matter. You see, it's very dark in here and my ears are very sensitive to the thunder. What was your offer again?"

Growing irritated, Artemis restates the purpose of his presence and extends the invitation, again.

Taking a moment to ponder the benefits of being free from this cell, Chomski poses only one question, "Could I take Cheddar with me?"

"Who in the bloody hell is Cheddar?" Artemis asks, growing more annoyed as each moment passes.

Chomski Explains, "It's my new friend!" The was Cheddar's queue as he scurries up to Chomski's shoulder. Like a terrified maiden, Artemis drops Chomski and grabs at his scabbard with intent to draw. Chomski shakes his head in disgust, "You humans. Always so eager to hurt creatures smaller than you."

Giving Chomski his last chance, Artemis forcefully states, "I'll give you ... and the rat ... 5 seconds to make your decision. 5...4...3...2..." Chomski interrupts, "I guess I'll accept your offer Mr. Man." Holding up his manacles, Artemis reaches out and unlocks them. Chomski is freed.

Strutting out the cell door, Chomski evaluates the four men that have been standing by so idly. "Eeenie, meenie, miney, moe!" It was at this exact moment that Chomski jumped onto the shoulders of one of the guards and declares the guard as his noble steed.
iamchristmas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingmunkeyX on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:08 am

One of the other guards gives Artemis a look of worry. "Sir, do we really think letting these criminals loose is such a wise decision?" He watches as Chomski leaps into the air and landed on one of the men.

The guard begins to fight with Chomski to get him off his shoulders. "I am noone's steed." 

At this moment another crackle of lightning strikes outside of the prison. The roat of the thunder echos throughout the prison. A chilling voice can be herd following the thunder.

Beware. For I am coming.

"Sometimes an unwise decision may be the best solution. Come now men let's debrief our new recruits." Artemis stops talking to turn towards Chomski and the man he sat atop. "Crash I trust you and Chomski will become good acquaintances." He motions for his men to follow him. 

The storm begins to quiet. A light rain continues to fall outside. The guards fall into formation each adjacent to one of the prisoners. They ascend the stair case at the end of the corridor. 

-

Artemis leads the group to the mess hall, this room of grand size. The smell of lamb, pork, beef and spices fill the area as a man and woman bring in dishes. This food of much higher quality than the mush normally given to inmates. Fluttering is heard from the banners of multiple gods that are spread out along the walls. Four chests sit in the middle of the room. A raven flys through an open window and lands on Artemis' shoulder.

"It seems that we already have a task for you. Before we begin this debrief I believe you should be treated to a good hearty meal. Please help yourselves." Artemis motions for the food signaling them to sit down. Then briskly walking over he pulls a key and unlocks the chests. "When you are done with your meal your belongings are being returned to you." Art falls into one of the larger seats. The seat appears to have a dragons open maw align the arm of the chair.

"First I would like to introduce you to the leader of your squad. Sir Crash Adenwulf."
KingmunkeyX
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xxanth on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:00 pm

Morthos looks over the food and knowing that it is far better then anything he have had in the last three months, but as always is very careful with food he didn't cook.  He mimes eating and drinking without putting anything in his mouth. (Sleight of Hand 13+3)
Xxanth

Character sheet
Character Name: Morthos Creed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironraven on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:28 pm

Zilyana looks at the man who has been designated their leader, sizing him up.  She feels much more confident now that she is once again clad in her knee high boots, jerkin and dueling pauldrons with her scimitar thrust through her sash.  The leather was tanned bronze, and although it looked like armor, it was one of her well-kept secrets that it was not.  She found armor to be too constraining and magic was far better at keeping blades from touching her skin. 

Going to the sideboard, she pours herself a cup of strong tea.  Drinking it quickly, she pours another and fixes a plate of food, mostly fruit and vegetables.  The leftover effects of the drugs that bastard Forcythe had given her needed to be washed from her mouth and the tea would sharpen her mind.  When in the field or at sea fresh fruit especially would be a rarity, she intended to eat them while she could.

Not attempting to disguise her scrutiny she looks at each of the others in turn, giving them a careful head to toe inspection.  When she gets to the gnome, her brow furrows slightly.  She’s never met a gnome who got caught unless he wanted to.  Maybe he was just distracted.  Zilyana then turns to inspect the guards while munching on the last carrot on her plate. 

‘Apparently, in spite of the second chance we aren’t to be trusted.’ She thinks to herself, ‘It doesn’t look like he lacks for soldiers… he must just need a few that he doesn’t need to worry about losing.  Fantastic.’

Finally, she approaches Crash after pouring herself a third cup of tea.  Zilyana extends her callused hand, offering a handshake.  “Well met Sir Adenwulf, I am Zilyana Irithyl.  If possible, tell me what can about this mission and when we leave?  Time permitting, I would like to prepare the proper spells; as what I will need shall vary depending on the situation.”

(Image is close, but scimitar instead of straight blade, and that's a weird baldric but whatever lol)
Ironraven

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SrgtCrash on Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:57 pm

Crash has uses all of his will power to not smite these foul evil creatures to the nine layers of hell. Anger pulses through every vain. As much as he wanted to eat there was just so many things blistering his senses.

“What am I doing? How am I supposed to control myself from wanting to kill these creatures?” so many questions rushed through his head. Crash takes a deep breath, after relaxing himself as much as he can he observes the others sitting around him.

Due to the expectations of being pure evil, Alexie gives off a noxious odder that creeps deep within Crash's nasal cavity. The horns from his head,the demonic essence, the red glowing eyes; this thing is the existence of why Crash swore an oath of vengeance to seek out all that is evil and scours this world of evil. This is why Crash decides to cast a keen eye upon him
with every chance possible.

He slowly rotates his eyes in the direction Morthos. "What a disgusting creature!" Crash thought to himself. The spikes that run from his face, slicked back like, towards the back of his head almost gave a disgusted look upon Crash's face. "Great, the thing can fly. Wait, why is this creature's tail bound?" Crash wondered. “I better watch this one as well."

“The gnome, what an odd little thing he has been.” Crash sensed an unfamiliar smell radiating from this unclean rat lover as he was thinking to himself. 

Unsure if it was due to him not bathing or was just unfamiliarity of his kind. The gnome was the first amusing site he had seen in what seemed like an eternity.

As Crash was still observing Chomski, an elegant voice from a tasteful high elf presents itself upon him. Caught off guard, Crash was almost left speechless and rises to his feet. 

Grasping her hand and giving a slight bow, Crash said “Pleasure to meet you Zilyana, due to the circumstances you may think I know what is going on here. This is not true!” Crash Turned to Artemis “What is the true meaning behind all of this Artemis? Why in Tyr’s name do you have me around such pure evil? You said you needed a leader for a task force, not to aid in Nerull’s plans for complete death!”
SrgtCrash

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingmunkeyX on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:29 pm

Morthos wrote:Morthos looks over the food and knowing that it is far better then anything he have had in the last three months, but as always is very careful with food he didn't cook.  He mimes eating and drinking without putting anything in his mouth. (Sleight of Hand 13+3)
Artemis glances around the room,  cautious of the prisoners he has picked to take on this mission. His eyes stop on Morthos. "Ha!" his laugh booming through the room.  "it seems as if atleast one of you knows how to eat 
." 

Zilyana wrote:Well met Sir Adenwulf, I am Zilyana Irithyl.  If possible, tell me what can about this mission and when we leave?  Time permitting, I would like to prepare the proper spells; as what I will need shall vary depending on the situation.”

Crash wrote:Grasping her hand and giving a slight bow, Crash said “Pleasure to meet you Zilyana, due to the circumstances you may think I know what is going on here. This is not true!” Crash Turned to Artemis “What is the true meaning behind all of this Artemis? Why in Tyr’s name do you have me around such pure evil? You said you needed a leader for a task force, not to aid in Nerull’s plans for complete death!”

Artemis rises from his seat. His chest raised high. He listens to the sound of the low rumble of the dying storm outside. 

"For the past few years a cult has begun to gain followers and rise to power in this land. You may have once came in contact with them. They worship a long dead God named Raulyk... You see they have found his Abyssal Spellbook and have found a way to resurrect him. A Paladin of Heironerous,  and his uncommon companions have found where they plan to riase Raulyk. They are on their way now to stop them...Gods have started fighting amongst each other at the same time... The frost giants plan to take over the kingdom of Frosthelm... Recently a crazed dwarf left the mountains to head to hammer fall where he planned to release the invincible  sleeping beast that the town can only keep down by using a hammer created from the light of pelor,  invaluable metal from the dwarves in the 9th layer of hell.

Artemis bowed his head and closed his eyes.  His massive fists resting over his heart he whispered something under his breath before continuing. Listening to the sounds of the low rumble from the dissipating storm. 

" In the country of Keylond,  two brothers defeated the Tyrant Bobox and freed Shine city and the rest of the country..."

He then brought his fist into the air." I digress." With a whistle and a loud shout Artemis calls.  "Puninn!"  Almost immediately a dark figure Flys through the window of the mess hall. Circling inward towards Artemis. A loud caw giving away this creatures fowl nature. It lands on Artemis' right Paulson which seems to have a perch created for such an animal. This raven appears to be much larger than those normally found. With a closer look it's left eye appears to have a blue glow to it stretching through what appears to be a scar over its eye and down its wing,  feathers absent from this spot.

Artemis explains with a proud tone in his voice.  "Puninn here is my loyal partner. He has a gift of being able to send and deliver messages whenever and almost wherever I need him too. Puninn please give our friends here their orders." 

The raven spreads it's wing and lifts into the air hovering over each of you a ebony feather falls and lands infront of you. The bird then Flys back to its perch on his arm. 

The feather then wraps up into itself and forms f into a black colored scroll with white ink. The seal on the scroll labeled with your name.

A knock is heard from the door everyone recently came through. A smile draws on Artemis' face. "It appears one more has changed his mind." A quick glance shows that at an empty seat another black scroll lay waiting. A guard opens the door. "Please Alucard,  have a seat and enjoy some food. You are just in time."
KingmunkeyX
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by SrgtCrash on Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:01 am

“Are you flippant Artemis? Tell me the true meaning of why I am truly here! I understand that chaos is marching through all corners of this land, but why them? It just makes no sense, no sense at all why I need to lead a group of misguided maniacs for this task. Why the diversity?” Crash finished with waving his hand towards all of his so called companions. (Persuasion Check 14+5)
SrgtCrash

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironraven on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:28 am

"He just told you." Zilyana replies, "Dark forces are moving and he needs to strike with something they do not expect." She hesitates but continues, "And with something... Expendable?"
Ironraven

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironraven on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:32 am

"That makes me wonder what you did to piss him off." Zilyana continues more to herself than anyone in particular. "Maybe he didn't want a soldier who was always questioning his orders or something."
Ironraven

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:45 am

Alucard moves to his seat, not bothering to read the black scroll that sits before him.  He leers at the bigamist paladin. With force behind his voice, "You seem to forget your place. If you look around, you stand alone." A sharp glow comes from his eye (Intimidation check 11+2). Noting Zilyana's presence, he says with an indefinite feel to his words, "But the lady is right. It seems We are seen as merely assets."
Alucard

Character sheet
Character Name: Alucard Vacadin (Drakerider)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironraven on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:01 am

Zilyana flinches from his gaze (2+1 lol) but quickly ducks her head over the scroll to hide her response (18+1 deception). 'Why is he so angry if I was right?' She wonders to herself.
Ironraven

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironraven on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:04 am

'I wouldn't want to be in Crash's shoes either.' Zilyana thinks to herself. 'I really do wonder what he did to make Artemis stick him with us convicts.'
Ironraven

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SrgtCrash on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:27 am

Crash stands there waiting on Artemis to respond. He pretends to not even hear what Zilyana said. Yet he turns to Zilyana and softly says, "Be patient" Sir Crash being a man of true deity knows very little elvish but finishes his senctence with "Gwathel." (Sister-in-all-but-blood)(persuasion 5+5)
SrgtCrash

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironraven on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:32 am

Zilyana stays quiet more out of curiosity as to how the situation will be handled them from any assurance that she believes Crash is doing something wise.
Ironraven

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingmunkeyX on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:17 am

Artemis grows irritated of the words from the young paladin. He slams his fist on the table. His expression almost making him look entirely different.  The feastware atop the table shaking as some mugs fall over spilling a drink infront of him. "Expendable? Not entirely. What I need are people who are willing to do every last thing to accomplish their goal." Artemis moving quickly for a man of his size stands in front of Crash. "You would think a man of your training would be more patient. Thought you would have been more appreciative of the end goal." He points around to the others. "With the missions you have ahead they may be what saves you from death.  You have sworn an oath in the name of Tyr to join my men. Maniacs?"

"Artemis you must calm." One of the guards bellows out as he moves towards their leader. 

"That may not be entirely what you should call them. Do you truly know why they are here? What lies underneath their playful, or dark appearance? Such a young fool to just see darkness and place a label on it. Much as you have seen good men fall, I have seen dark men become heroes. So what say it Crash? Do you want to smite these men and lady to hell? I was waiting to see if our new friend Alucard here would change his mind before I tell the whole tale."

Artemis stands down. And returns to his seat. His face a burning crimson color.

"Anyone else going to get ahead of themselves? Or shall we open our scrolls Puninn has so decently provided for you? And then you may find out why you are here."

Last edited by KingmunkeyX on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
KingmunkeyX
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alucard on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:08 am

Alucard is surprised by Artemis' reaction, but maintains his composure. Confident that he is the only one knowing draconic, he says to himself "Mishrun pothoc munthreki."(Such impudent humans) Back to speaking common he faces towards Artemis and Crash and responds, "I tire of the bickering. It seems we are among children more then soldiers, but it seems we have no choice but to follow if we want our freedom," addressing the group as a whole. "If it means moving forward then, please let's continue with the discussion on hand."
Alucard

Character sheet
Character Name: Alucard Vacadin (Drakerider)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingmunkeyX on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:28 am

For a moment the knight looked as if he had been overcome by something else. Artemis exhales and his expression returns to normal. He closes his eyes and tilts his head slightly as if he was in pain clutching his left arm. "Alucard is correct. We need not fight like this. I apologize sometimes demons from our past tend to haunt us. I am of no difference. If you all would please we can continue with our scrolls."
KingmunkeyX
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by TrinityKaii on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:31 am

Alexi opens the scroll and takes a second to read through its contents.

A smirk raises across his face as he rolls it back up. As he has yet to gather his gear he stands and makes his way to the chest. Opening it he is relieved that no one has attempted to sharpen his blade, it wouldn't of been a good day for their livelihood.

Alexi dawns his padded leather vest, cloak, and then straps his dagger attached to his demon-headed belt on.

During everyone's conversation's he has been meditating and calming himself from the rage he was in when released. The joy of being free and able to rain vengeance on Mephistopheles and Baalzebul and retake his right place on the Dark Eight's Council. If he has failed to calm himself the dark soul within him would consume his current body and ruin his vision and plan.

Taking a seat at the table again he asks Artemis, "Other than the Paladin, what incentive do I have to stay with this group and not continue on my personal goals? If you kill me my banished soul will find another host, gold is only useful for gear, and gear is only useful if it is imbued from Hel's blacksmith".
TrinityKaii

Character sheet
Character Name:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KingmunkeyX on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:37 am

(Also can everyone give me a perception check please on their next post)
KingmunkeyX
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironraven on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:43 am

Zilyana opens her scroll, thinking that it seems even Artemis doesn't know exactly what the mission is yet.  That's curious.  Eventually, she will ferret out who they are working for and what the true purpose behind this second chance is.  The thunder rolls again, making her smile.  The sound of thunder booming over the ocean is a lover's voice in her ear, but the strange voice that has been accompanying it is disturbing.  That storm isn't natural.
Ironraven

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top